|Primary: Rhenisch Herero School, Windhoek, Namibia; Secondary: Umuahia Government College, Nigeria, 1963-66 Augustineum Training College, Okahandja, Namibia, 1960-1961; University: DPhil, St Antony’s College, University of Oxford, UK, 1986. Thesis title: ‘The Rise of Nationalism in Namibia and its International Dimensions’. MA, University of Warwick, UK, 1980. Thesis title: ‘Some Aspects of Namibia’s Political Sociology’. University of Dar es Salaam, 1966-67, Extra-Mural studies in History, Law and Politics;
- Katjavivi, P.H. ‘Namibia-German Bilateral Relations’, in Bösl, A. and du Pisani, A. (eds), Namibia’s Foreign Policy in the Twenty-First Century, Macmillan Education Namibia, Windhoek, forthcoming 2012.
- Katjavivi, P.H. ‘Response to the Report of the Institute for Public Policy Research (IPPR) Issue No. 5, 2011 on ‘Civil Society Perspective on Parliament’, in Parliament Journal, Vol. 9 No.3, Sep-Dec 2011 (Windhoek).
- Katjavivi, P. H. ‘From Colonialism to Bilaterality: Challenges of the Namibian-German Relationship’, in Arndt. L., Krümmel, C., Schmidt, D., Schmutz, H., Stoller, D. and Wuggenig, U. (eds), Dierk Schmidt. The Division of the Earth. Tableaux on the Legal Syynopsis of the Berlin Africa Conference, Verlag der Buchhandlung Walther König, Cologne, 2010.
- Katjavivi, P. H. ‘Foreword’, in Bösl, A., Horn, N. and du Pisani, A. (eds), Constitutional Democracy in Namibia: A Critical Analysis After Two Decades, Macmillan Education Namibia, Windhoek, 2010.
- Katjavivi, P. H. Presentation to the British Council Roundtable on ‘The Power of English for Development’, Royal Commonwealth Society, London, 26 January 2010.
- Katjavivi, P. H. ‘Namibia – From Liberation to Transformation’, in World University Service 60-Jahre World University Service in Deutschland 1950-2010, Wiesbaden, Germany, 2010.
- Katjavivi, P. H. and Otaala, B. ‘African Higher Education Institutions Responding to the HIV/AIDS Pandemic’, in Tiyambe Zeleza, P. and Olukoshi, A. (eds) African Universities in the Twenty-First Century, Volume II Knowledge and Society, CODESRIA, 2004.
- Katjavivi, P. H. Address to the Conference ‘Cultivating Co-operation amongst Human Rights Institutions in the UNITWIN Network in Southern Africa’, in Human Rights and Democracy in Southern Africa, New Namibia Books, Windhoek, 1998.
- Katjavivi, P.H. Joint Author, Learning from each other: Commonwealth Studies for the 21st Century. Report of the Commission of Commonwealth Studies, Commonwealth Secretariat, London, 1996.
- Katjavivi, P.H. Official Closing Address, in Legere, K. (ed.), Cross-Border Languages: Report and Studies on Regional Workshop on Cross-Border Languages, NIED, Gamsberg Macmillan, Windhoek, 1996, pp.226-8.
- Katjavivi, P.H. with Jacobs, W.R. ‘The Relevance of Gandhian Thought to Contemporary Namibia’, Indian Horizons, vol.43, No. 4, Special Issue Gandhi 125 Years, 1994.
- Katjavivi, P.H. A History of Resistance in Namibia, James Currey/UNESCO/OAU, 1988.
- Frostin, P., Katjavivi, P.H., Mbuende K., Church and Liberation in Namibia, Zwan Publications, London 1989.
- Katjavivi, P.H. ‘The Development of Anti-Colonial Forces in Namibia’, in Namibia: 1884-1984: Readings on Namibia’s History and Society, papers and proceedings of the conference ‘Namibia 1884-1984: 100 Years of Foreign Occupation, 100 Years of Struggle’, Namibia Support Committee/UN Institute for Namibia/ SWAPO, 1988.
- Katjavivi, P.H. ‘Music and Peace’ in UNESCO, ‘Music and Peace’ Programme, Proceedings of a Meeting of Experts at UNESCO headquarters, Paris, Feb.1988.
- Katjavivi, P.H. ‘Some Reflections from the University of Namibia’, Panel Discussion on ‘New Educational Systems for Africa: Bridging the Digital Divide’, Southern African Summit Organized by SADC and the World Economic Forum, Windhoek, May 1988.
- Katjavivi, P.H. ‘The OAU and the Liberation Struggle in Southern Africa’, in Africa Today 2nd edition, African Books, London, 1989.
- Katjavivi, P.H. ‘Base Studies on Financial and Social Aspects of the Arrangements for Independence in Namibia’, UNDP, New York, 1989.
- Katjavivi, P.H. ‘Revisiting the Role of the Herero Speaking Community in Botswana in Namibia’s Independence in Namibia’, Yale University Southern African Program Paper, 1989.
- Katjavivi, P.H. ‘External Government Authority over Namibia: the UN and SWAPO’, Yale University Southern African Program Paper, 1989.
- Katjavivi, P.H. Contributions to ‘Resistance to Colonial Rule (1884-1904), ‘The War of National Resistance to South African Colonial Rule up to the Formation of SWAPO’, chapters in Namibia Junior Secondary History Book, Bremen University, 1988, for use in SWAPO educational centres in Africa.
|SWAPO Deputy Representative in Tanzania, 1966-1968; SWAPO Representative for the UK and Western Europe, 1968-1976; SWAPO Secretary for Legal and Economic Affairs, 1969-76; SWAPO Secretary for Information and Publicity, 1976-79; Member of the SWAPO Central Committee, 1976-1983; Director, Colin Winter Centre for Namibia, Oxford, UK, 1986; Director, Pilot Study on Namibian History, University of Joensuu, Finland, 1986-1987; Visiting Fellow, Southern African Research Programme, Yale University, USA, 1988-1989; Director, SWAPO Research Unit, 1989-1991; Founding Trustee and Director, Namibia Economic Policy Research Unit (NEPRU), 1990-1991; Member, Namibian Constituent Assembly, 1989-1990; Special Advisor on Higher Education to the Government of Namibia, 1990-1992;Founding Vice-Chancellor, University of Namibia, 1992–2003; Ambassador of the Republic of Namibia to the Kingdom of Belgium, The Netherlands, the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg and the European Union, 2003-2006; Ambassador of the Republic of Namibia to the Federal Republic of Germany 2006–2008; Director General of the National Planning Commission, 2008–2010